Getting Outside Help: Tutoring Resources You Should Use
Freelance Or Get Help In 100+ Subjects
This freelance platform allows you to tutor or mentor other students in topics you may excel in. Also get affordable help in almost any field.
Click A Topic To Jump To A Specific Section
Hassle-Free Room Decorating For Students
The one-stop-shop to decorate your dorm, first apartment, or current room. All items are curated or designed by current students.
The one-on-one teaching style tutors offer can help fill learning gaps in any course you might be struggling in. This article will explain how to find a tutor, how to become one, and where to find further resources for deepening your understanding of a subject.
Where do I find a tutor?
- Though paid tutors and tutoring centers exist, start with your school library.
- Many libraries offer peer-to-peer tutoring, matching you with another student who can help you through a lesson or subject.
- Even if your school doesn’t offer this service, you’ll likely be sent in the right direction.
- Also, it’s very helpful to talk to your teacher if you’re struggling in their class and want a tutor. Sometimes, they’ll even pull students from the class to tutor you.
How do I become a tutor?
- If your school offers a peer tutoring program, it can be a great way to give back to your school and meet other students.
- Communication is important here. Talk to whomever runs peer tutoring at your school, whether it be the school librarian, a teacher, or a counselor.
- Finally, if you can’t find a tutor but are still struggling in a class, Khan Academy’s services are an excellent alternative.
- They offer in-depth, high-quality videos that cover a wide variety of topics. You can find their website here: https://www.khanacademy.org/
Senior at Dulaney High school. Editor-in-Chief of Sequel literary arts magazine and Baltimore County student council president.
Check out our editing and development team by clicking above. This entire platform has been built entirely by students – for students. Feel free to leave feedback using the button on the left or contact us using the links below.